Family Design Day Programs @ BSA SPACE encourage children and adults to observe, explore and design together. In these 2 hour, hands-on workshops, families are introduced to architecture and design of Boston and the world through exhibit tours, neighborhood walking tours or slide shows, and then complete a hands-on design activity. Architects and Designers lead these programs.
Saturdays 10:30 – 12:30 @ BSA SPACE, 290 Congress St., Boston
Family Design Day Schedule:
- January 10: What’s Your Type? We will tour the exhibit Stereotype: New directions in typography, then create our own personal type & LOGO.
- February 7: Great Boston Egg Drop. Will your egg survive the drop?
- March 7: Dream Rooms. Sometimes bigger isn’t always better when designing the perfect space.
- April 11 & 12: KIDSBUILD! 2015. Build a city from the ground up.
- May 16: Living With Water. How can design adapt to change? We will use our ‘backyard’ as a site of exploration.
- June 20: Art in Public Places. We will tour the newest art on the Greenway by Janet Echelman, then design our own public artwork.
Click here For More Information and Event Registrations
Please see our Volunteer Page to volunteer for any of these events.
Family programs are designed for children ages 5 – 13, accompanied by an adult (a maximum ratio of three children per one adult will be required). Tickets are $8 per person (unless otherwise notes), children and adults. Program begins promptly at start time. Registration is strongly recommended.
Thank you to Atlantic Wharf for supporting Family Design Days @BSA SPACE.