Boston Region 2012 MITS Summer Institute
Explore, Investigate, Invent! How Science Inspires Engineering
July 9 -20 (10 Days Monday – Friday)
For Elementary & Middle School Educators
LBD Partners with the Museum Institute for Teaching Science, Zoo New England, the New England Aquarium and Harvard Natural History Museum for this unique Professional Development opportunity.
Click Here for more information.
• Participate in a balance of classroom and outdoor field experiences.
• Learn to use inquiry-based, hands-on methods in your classroom.
• Visit each site for 2 days and participate in both content and skill development sessions.
• Learn about educational resources in your community.
• Experience inquiry-based investigations linked to the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks.
• Earn PDPs/ CEUs or PDPs and 4 graduate credits (for an additional cost).
• Take home a resource kit containing investigations and materials for your classroom.